Our aim is to ensure that we provide a safe, supportive and welcoming environment for everyone in our school community and this extends to all of our visitors. Whilst we wish all of our visitors to feel welcome, our principle concern is the safeguarding of all of our pupils. To this end, visitors in this school are welcomed but we ask that visitors follow our agreed approach whilst on the school site:
- Sign in at the reception, where you will be asked to show photographic ID.
- Wear a red ‘visitor’ badge issued at reception.
- Sign out and return your visitor badge before leaving.
- Have your presence in school monitored by a member of staff.
- Be DBS checked wherever appropriate if working directly with children (if DBS clearance is not obtained, visitors cannot be left alone with students when visiting school).
- Be supervised by a member of staff at all times if not DBS checked and working with children.